Sunday, January 11, 2009

Blog Assignment #1

1. How would you have explained the meaning of the term "ethics", before taking this class?

I have come to understand the term "ethics" as the decisions people make regarding right and wrong. Ethics seems to be a very interesting topic for me, im very excited to discuss whether things are ethical or unethical.


2. What are some of your deepest held values?

I put my family and friends first and foremost, even before my own well being. I defend them in every sense of the word. My friends are family in my eyes, so I treat them as my brothers and sisters. I love them unconditionally. Kia Kaha, is Maori for Forever strong, or always strong, its two words I live by. I keep a piece of paper in my wallet at all times, it reads NDCQ. It stands for Not Dead Cant Quit. When I get tired I ask myself, "are you dead yet?", and that is usually enough to make me go forward.

3. What are some main principles you try to live your life by?

I live my life to the fullest everyday, as we are not gauranteed tomorrow. I work hard and play harder. I try to be physically strong, but mentally stronger. Because the day my body cant go on, I want my mind to push the boundaries of what is humanly possible.

4. What moral qualities do you look for in others?

I look for people who are going to challenge me. I dont ever want to become complacent, and if you dont challenge me im probably not going to be around you very often. I look for, I know this is a loose term but, "good" people. In a spouse, I want a woman who is beautiful on the outside, but more beautiful on the inside, that inner beauty should outshine everything.

5. How were your values and principles developed?

My parents are definetly a big influence on who I am as a person, they shaped me more than anything. They also taught me to think for myself, so I look at people, I see how people react in certain situations, and decide how I would react in those same circumstances.

6. How have your values and principles changed throughout your life so far?

I would say im going through a rough patch right at the moment, but im trying to get back to the person I want to be. As I have matured so have my values, they are becoming more complete. I want my children, when I have them, to be able to look back at my life and be proud to call me their dad.

7. Out of 25 points, how many points do you feel your work on this assignment deserves? Justify your answer.

I would say I deserve somewhere between 20 -25 points. I believe I answered the questions well, but I think more importantly I was honest and put myself out there to answer the questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment